Monday, November 7, 2011

Fw: Greetings

 
 
 
 
Hey.  :D

Sorry, my email's gonna be a bit short, too, since I just spent most of my time trying to figure out BYU stuff.  :P  I just got an email today saying I've been placed on the Winter/Spring track, and I'll take the Fall semester off, pretty much just like we wanted.  :D  It had me go online and accept the offer and stuff, so I did so.  It said it's currently declaring my major as "General Studies" for right now, so we'll have to go declare an official major and schtuff before registering for classes.  My "I-number" is*********, my BYU-I username is*******, and my password is ********* (I tried going for something a little more simple, but they insisted on making it obnoxiously complicated.  :P  ).  The Music program thingy says that people who enroll as a music major will be placed as a "prospective music major" for the first semester, so as far as I can tell, for this semester, I should just declare "Music" as my major, and they'll take care of other schtuff...  Any of this stuff that you can take care of for me would be greatly appreciated.  :D  Classes will start on Wednesday, January 4th, and there's apparently some "Get Connected" orientation program that we need to go to on Tuesday the 3rd, before classes start.

I probably stared at that for too long trying to figure out how all that stuff works.  ^^''

Anyway..

Last Wednesday we got to hear Elder Ardern speak at the Manila Mission Tour at Buendia Chapel.  He's from New Zealand.  He's a pretty funny guy.  He talked a lot about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how it testifies clearly about Jesus Christ and His Atonement, and stressed the importance of teaching all of the doctrine to our investigators.  He also mentioned how important it is that we make sure that our converts stay converted and stay active-- retention and reactivation are just as important as conversion. 

Elder Ardern told me to tell Mom thanks for making me learn to play the piano.  ^^'  I'll extend the thanks to Grandma, too, for teaching me how to play.  Salaaaaamat!  :D

After the mission tour, I also heard some good news.  Brother Glenn Maniling, one of my first converts in my first area, went inactive maybe a week or two after his baptism last year because he got a job and had to work on Sunday (weird.. that was about a year and a half ago... o.o ).  I was pretty sad when it happened, since he was a great investigator back when Elder Leavitt and I were teaching him.  But I got word after the mission tour that after maybe a year of being inactive, he's started coming back to church.  He's received the Aaronic Priesthood, and he's working with the missionaries a lot now and preparing to serve a mission.  Yaaaaay!  :D  I was really glad when I heard about it.

And then, Thursday morning, I died.  D:



...



...Or, that's kinda what it felt like.  ^^''  I got sick and had to stay inside all day.  Took me till Saturday to fully recover.  I hate it when that happens.

Our investigators have been struggling quite a bit lately to come to church, and there was a bit of a misunderstanding between the Borinaga family and some of the young women in the ward which we'll have to try and resolve this week.  We're kinda having to take a bit of a step back this week and sorta start over with our investigators' progress.  Their baptismal dates have been set back to December 10th, the week before I leave.  Hopefully, they can make it by then so I can still be here for the baptism, but even if not, it's their progress that's important, not my presence.  ^^''

Congratulations to the band for another great year!  :D  Yaaaaaaaaay North Thurston!!

Anyway, that's about it for this week.  Hopefully we can get all the college schtuff figured out before too long.  Love you all!!  Ingatz!  :D

Love,
Elder David Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers