Monday, February 28, 2011

Fw: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

 
 
 
 
Herro!  :D
 
Wow.  It snowed.  o.o  Fancy that.
 
It... doesn't do that much around here... ^^'' Actually, right now, we're entering the summer season again.  It promises to be as ridiculously hot as it was last year...
 
The good news, though, is that mangoes are coming back in season.  :D  They used to be like, 100 pesos or more per kilo, but now they're dropping in price, to around 60 pesos per kilo.  Yaaaaaay!  :D
 
Last Saturday, we started teaching Sister Grace, who works as a house help for one of the members of our ward, Nanay Tiaofisto.  She's apparently been going to church since December, and I didn't know about it.  I'd seen her around at church, but I'd always just assumed she was a member.  Nanay was like, "Well, you didn't ask..."  >.>  True...  She's really, really, really, really, really, really shy...  She doesn't say a lot, mostly because she has a really heavy lisp that makes it hard to understand what she's saying.  And then, in the middle of our lesson on Saturday, she randomly burst out crying while I was talking.  o.o  I was like, "... Um... Are you okay...?  Was it something I said...?"  She didn't say why she started crying, because, well, she never really says much of anything, and so the whole thing is a huge mystery to me.  I could almost imagine about 50 of those Psych Lock things from Ace Attorney pop up in front of her.  Oh boy...  o.o''  This isn't going to be quite as easy as I'd thought...
 
Poor Tess... :(  Few fates are worse than that of being condemned to wearing the cone of shame...  I'll bet she whines a lot about it.
 
The Art Exhibition sounds like it was fun.  How did Richelle's oil painting do?  Or was it a competition?
 
I'm hoping I can make it into the BYU Music Program... :/  Sister Leuck's probably right; I'll bet the competition's fierce... But I feel like applying for BYU Idaho would sort of defeat the purpose, since they don't really have much of a music program.  I'm actually a bit concerned, because I'd also thought about whether to major in Music or Computer Science or whatnot.  I want to be able to major in Music, but there's, of course, the whole worry of whether or not I'll be able to make enough to, like, eat and stuff.  Sister English, one of the sister missionaries, talked to me once about considering taking some sort of Engineering course, like maybe Music Engineering or something, because a degree in Engineering is more flexible than a degree in music.  I'm not sure yet what I want to do...  :/  At any rate, I'll try and get the application stuff taken care of as soon as possible.  I'll get that transcript request form out as soon as possible, and I'll start working on the application as soon as possible.
 
Anyway, I don't have a lot else to talk about for this week.  Love you all!  Ingat kayo lagi!
 
Love,
Elder David Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers