Monday, February 14, 2011

Fw: Happy Valentines Day

 
 
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day!  :D
 
Oh, wow.. College application stuff. Kay, I'll try and get all this stuff taken care of as soon as possible.  I also got took the AP Computer Science A exam in my senior year.  ...No, I'm very much not fluent in German... In fact, I've actually forgotten most of it... ^^'' But yeah, all the other application stuff I can probably take care of from here.
 
Anyway, interesting how Valentine's Day ended up being P-day.  ...We haven't really done anything to celebrate it, for obvious reasons... I mean, Elder Magbanua and I went down to the church and played piano, and I've started teaching him how to read music and play piano, which is actually turning out fairly well so far (in exchange, he's going to attempt to teach me how to cook... Ahahaha....), but other than that, nuffin.  Pretty much everyone we've talked to so far today has been like, "Wala ba kayong date?" (You guys don't have a date?")  Nope.  Wala.  ...That question gets a bit awkward when the person who asks it is female, and also doesn't have a Valentine's date... >.>  Ahem hem hem....
 
I read somewhere that you shouldn't feel too bad on Valentine's Day on your mission, mostly because next year's Valentine's Day will probably be just as lonely...
 
Eliza (actually spelled Elaiza, as I've found out...) and Alexander's baptism was last Friday.  It turned out nice, though there were only a few people who attended.  I wanted to hold it on Saturday so more people could attend, but the bishopric wasn't available on Saturday.  Ah, well.  It still turned out well.  They were confirmed on Sunday.  I plan on sending a letter to the Elders from the Davao Mission thanking them for their work and letting them know that Alexander's baptism and everything has been taken care of.
 
The Guda family didn't make it to church yesterday, and we haven't been able to visit them yet to find out why...  Sacrament meeting, I've found, is about a billion times more stressful as a missionary, especially when you're waiting for investigators to show up and they never do...  By the time the sacrament is over and the speakers are getting up to talk, you're sitting there pulling your hair out going, "WHERE ARE THEY????"
 
In other news, I've just about finished "All of Me."  Yaaaaaay!!  :D  Just like "Waterfall", it actually didn't take me as long as I thought it would.  Just a few P-days to get it worked out.  I couldn't have done it without a metronome, though.  It drives you crazy, but it's an absolute requirement if you really want to become good at the piano (or any instrument).
 
Anyway, that's about it for this week.  Loff you all!  Inggatz!
 
Love,
Elder David Jones
 


 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers