Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fw: Hello

 


 
Kamuschta!  :D

You'll have to forgive me today.  I'm a little.. not so much here right now..  ^^'' We got up at way-too-bloody-early-in-the-morning o' clock in the morning this morning to go down to the Mission Office to drop Elder Feinga off, and then we wandered over to Buendia chapel for transfer meeting.  I didn't get to sleep until about midnight last night, and then woke up at... two-thirty.  :D  So, I'm a little... wheeeeee... right now.....  The Tagalog term is mapuyat, or kulang sa tulog.. Heeheeheeheeheehee.....

Ahem, so, anyway, yeah, today's transfer day.  Elder Feinga's been transferred to the island of PALAWAN, otherwise commonly referred to as the Celestial Kingdom, and I'll be staying here in Molino 1st another transfer.  I'll miss Elder Feinga.  He was really cool, and fun to work with, and a huge support when things got hard this transfer.  It's a good thing he was there, because things got REALLY hard this transfer... But yeah, he really helped me pull through it, and now we're working on rebuilding the area.

He was, of course, really sad to leave the area.  He'll miss us, I'll miss him, the ward will miss him...  But thus is missionary work.

It's odd... Despite how hard this transfer was, it sped by.  It seems like I blinked, and then it was gone... O.o  Time does weird things on the mission.  Ang bilis ng oras.

So now my new kasama is Elder Sanz, from Iloilo.  He stayed five transfers in his first area (also within Cavite zone), and now this is his second area.  He arrived in the mission in April, and he's only a transfer behind me.  We'll be co-senior-ing the area, meaning there is no junior or senior, we'll be working as equals.  Elder Sanz seems pretty cool so far.  I know him vaguely because he was still in my zone last transfer, but now I'll actually get to work with him.  He's sometimes a bit noisy during district meetings, but I can get over that.  He says he's really into swimming (we're kinda in the same pool there; we both had to leave something behind that we really loved doing to come out here and serve).  Anyway, I'm looking forward as always to this next transfer, and I hope it turns out well.

During the last week, quite a number of things have happened, and I only have time to relate a few of them.  First of all, last week we started teaching an American, Dr. Al Cortez, from Georgia.  He's a Cherokee Indian.  A very much Cherokee Indian.  He was a referral from a member.  They'd told me he was Native American, but I was still surprised when I met him.  He's a hardcore traditionalist, one of the last practicing medicine men.  His house is covered in traditional Native American decorations, including wind catchers, arrowheads, and a native flute.  It's really impressive.  He believes in the Bible and has studied it well, and he has a really strong testimony of the power of prayer.  He's a very spiritual man.  He's also really nice and pretty entertaining (he could make a decent comedian if he wanted to..).  The only problem he has so far is with, well, Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  He's gone and read all kinds of Anti-Mormon junk on Google, so he's pretty well filled his mind with all of that.  One of our first goals with him is to get him to stop reading all of that, because, of course, it's ALL LIES.  It's a work in progress.

Teaching in English, by the way, is all kinds of fun.  ;P  I have to stop myself occasionally and be like, "English, English, how do you say that in English...?"  It's gonna be even more fun now that I have a Filipino companion.  ^^''

We've also met Brother Ray Constantino, who's also one of the nicest people in the world (I've met a lot of really super nice people in this area.  Appointments with them are always a bright spot in the day).  He's also really receptive to the message, and I'm hoping he can make a lot of progress.  He made a joke at one point, asking, "Over in the States, do you still have to pay parking?"  "Yeah..."  He mused, "Sheesh, you're already a customer, and yet they still make you pay for parking.  People are so used to paying parking here, by the time we die and go to Heaven... We'll probably still have to pay parking there."  ^^'' I guess you'd have to be there for it to be truly funny.  And you'd have to know how to speak Tagalog.  ^^'' That helps.

Anyway.

Say hi to Michael for me.  HIIIIII!!! :D

Also say hi to Claire for me.  HIIIIIII!!! :D

o.o  I hope Richelle's ear infection gets better...  CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!  CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!

Also, Richelle, your senior picture looks maganda.  :)  Where was that taken?  I'm trying to figure it out.  That's the State Capitol in the background, but I can't figure out exactly where it's at.

The people who friended Josh would probably be, I'm guessing, the De Gusman family.  They're pretty awesome.  :D  Tell him to tell them hi for me.  HIIII!!! :D  

Anyway, oras na!  Loff ko kayong lahat!  Inggatz kayo lagi!!

Love,
Elder David Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers