Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fw: Hey!

 

Kamusta! :D

Glad to hear things are going well, and also that Mom's been recovering fairly well from her surgery.  You've all been in my prayers, as I'm sure I've been in yours.

Tell the Sister who organizes the Memorial Day breakfast sorry for me.. ;) I'm... currently a bit unavailable...

The tag-ulan, or rainy season, has been picking up a bit more lately.  Which is good.  As a Washingtonian, I've never ever looked forward to rain before, but here, it's a rich blessing.  The rain is the only thing that ever really brings the temperature down to a bearable level.  Whenever the rain comes, it's like, aaaaaaahhhh....... Lalluviaaaaa... :D

...I've also decided, however, that one of the worst fates you can suffer here is a brownout, where the electricity gets shut off for no reason every once in a while.  I don't mind the dark that much (we have flashlights and candles for that), but happiness here comes and goes with the electric fans.  D:  Especially at night.  Once the electric fans shut off, there's no hope.  It suddenly becomes oppressively hot, and it becomes impossible to sleep.  The first time it happened, I was like, ...no.  No, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NOOOO. D: Not fun.  I don't even know why they happen, either.  I can imagine some guy sitting in the power plant in front of a computer screen with a map of the city, saying, "Hmm... these guys over here look far too happy... Shut 'em down, Frank!!"  KACHUNK! Bssshhheeeew..... -distant screams of anguish are heard- :P

But, anyway..

Hey! It's June na! When did that happen?  Now there's only 19 months left! :D  ...Hm. Matagal pa...  But anyway, today's also the start of a new transfer, which are always six weeks long.  We got the transfer announcements yesterday, and I'll be hanging out in Bonifacio 4th for at least another transfer.  One of the other missionaries in our apartment got transferred to the Manila Zone, though, and he got replaced by Elder Tolson, from California.  The Americans are slowly but surely TAKING OVER THE APARTMENT!!! BAHAHAHAHA!!! >:D  ..ahem.. Yeah.  My first transfer, it was just me in the apartment with three Filipinos, and then last transfer Elder Leavitt came in, and now we have three Americans and one Filipino.  Today, the apartment, TOMORROW THE WORLD!! >:D

...In other news, I got your package today.  :D  I haven't had time to open it yet, but I will once I get back to the apartment.  I'm sure it's tasty!  Salaaaamat! :D

...YOU GOT TICKETS TO THE SEATTLE SYMPHONY???!! D: D: D: Jealous ako.... Have fun!

...Kay, running out of time, so I'll give one really cool experience and then I gotta go.  Last Wednesday, when we actually split up and helped some of the missionaries from the MTC here in Manila.  They went with us as a "in-the-field" exercise as part of their training experience.  It was... a bit nerve-racking, since I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing here, but it was fun.  We started out just doing tracting for a bit, and I really felt the Spirit guide me as we went.  I was like, "Kay, we need to do some finding now, and it doesn't really matter where, so... Let's go here!"  I walked to the end of a nearby street, came to a house, and started talking with the man living there.  He let us in, and became one of our best investigators.  He will probably be baptized in a few weeks.  I'm really excited for him, and really grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost.  The Lord really does lead his servants to those who are being prepared to hear the Gospel.

I'm out of time now, so I'll write you again next week.  Love you all!  Ingat kayo lagi! :D

Love,

Elder David Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers