Monday, April 26, 2010

Fw: Howdy


Kamuuuuuusta! :D

The tempo marking on "Waterfall" cracked me up.  XD  "With considerable body movement and obnoxious facial expressions" should be the tempo marking on every piece.

I haven't actually heard any of John Schmidt's other songs.  I imagine they're all really pretty.  But for now, just "Waterfall" should be enough of a challenge to last me a few transfers.  That's not an easy song.

About the mouthpiece to the Blessing trumpet, I'm not really sure what happened to it.  Akala ko (I assume) it was on the bookshelf, since I took it out to put the other mouthpiece in the case.  If it's not there, then I'm not sure where it is.  I think it was just a basic 7C, though, so it shouldn't be that hard to replace if you can't find it, but hopefully it's there.  It's also reassuring to know that my instruments will be in good shape when I get home.  Even though I probably won't be.. ^^'' I miss playing, and haven't really gotten much opportunity to buzz on my mouthpieces, mostly because time is pretty limited, but also because it's just not as fun as playing the actual instrument.

Anyway, this transfer is starting out beautifully.  My companion and I work really well together, and so far, we've worked a lot harder than I think I ever did last transfer.  It's a lot of fun;  I'm enjoying it a lot more now.  I've learned that on the mission, one of the keys to happiness really is unity with your companion.  Kung mayroong pag-aaway, walang kasayahan (If there is contention, no joy). 

The reason I've been using the jumpsuit for baptisms so far is that last transfer, I asked my companion whether I should bring my baptism clothes or not, and he said, "Hindi, mayroon doon."  So I didn't.  It does save me the hassle of washing them.  I have been using them to go to the temple, though.  Speaking of which, they don't actually use the same temple clothes there.  Instead of a normal white shirt and white tie, you actually where a fancy, traditional white shirt called a barong, which you don't tuck in or wear a tie with.  It looks pretty fancy.  :D  I might buy one for myself at some point.

I haven't mentioned much about the weather besides it being hot because, well, that's all it's really been so far.  Right now is the "hot season," and it lives up to its name.  Mostly it's just bright, sunny, and humid.  It's only rained a few times since I've been here.  It's actually kinda nice, because it helps cool things down a bit, and it's not nearly as unpleasantly cold as it is at home.  But I have yet to experience the torrential rains of typhoon season, so I'll withhold my opinion so far... o.o

Aaaanyway, good to hear things are going well at home.  Mother's Day is coming up in a few weeks, so I'll get to talk to you then.  :D  Until next week,

Ingat!  Mahal ko kayo ( I love you)!

--Elder David Jones

P.S.  Say hi to Kevin for me when he comes home.  I hope he enjoyed his mission.  :)  Matagal pa para sa akin... ^^''( Still a long time for me)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers