Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fw: Greetings

 
 

Kamusta!

Last Saturday's baptism was maganda.  The Spirit is always very strong at baptisms, and I always feel a fulness of joy.  We need to have more of them.  ^^''  Sister Joy Famisaran and Sister Rachel Tabaquero were baptized last Saturday, along with two primary-aged children.

Lots of changes this week.  Elder Curammeng and I went to the mission office on Monday and said goodbye there, and for the past two days I worked with Elder Malicdem in his area.  It was a good experience.  On my very first day here, I actually worked in his area for a few hours as an introduction to missionary work here in the Philippines, and yesterday we went back and visited some of the people we'd visited that day.  It was nice to see them again.  Some of them still remembered me (as "ang kumanta," as Elder Malicdem actually had me give a small musical number as part of the visit before).

Sa totoo, my trainer, Elder Curammeng... wasn't my favorite person in the world, mostly because he wasn't the nicest person in the world.  He was often hard to talk to, and he didn't teach me or help me with everything quite as much as I would've liked... That's all I'll say about that.

But I can tell already that this transfer is going to be take a huge turn towards the positive.  My new companion is Elder Leavitt, from Minnesota (apparently from a family of 15... O.O), and so far, he's really cool.  He's super nice and understanding, he knows what he's doing, and he's not afraid or reluctant to help me out with things I'm struggling with.  First off, he took one look at the apartment and said, "...Let's go to 'Market! Market!'."  We bought cleaning supplies and food at "Market! Market!", a huge department store nearby ('food' includes CEREAL!!  :D :D :D!! ...And powered milk, but that's all we really have to work with here), and we're going to spend most of today cleaning the place up.  The others in our apartment, Elders Popoy and Umbalin, both got transferred to new areas, so we're going to try to get a fresh start on everything.

I'm really looking forward to this next transfer, and I hope with Elder Leavitt's help, we'll be able to have greater success.  I'm going to strive to be more obedient and diligent in all things now that I have a companion I know I can rely on.  I, of course, don't mean anything against Elder Curammeng, but Elder Leavitt just inspires greater confidence in me.

As far as the change problem goes, I just need to go to larger stores occasionally where I know they'll have enough change (the smaller tindahans usually don't), and, though they'll ask for smaller bills, they'll usually bite the bullet when you tell them wala.

Anyway, so things are looking up.  Mahal ko kayo!  Until next week,

Ingat!  :D

--Elder David Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers