Monday, March 1, 2010

Fw: Light At the End of the Tunnel

 
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 2:10 PM
Subject: Light At the End of the Tunnel

Hoy, Kamusta! (Hoy, Helllo!)
Boy, by the time I get back, I won't even recognize the place anymore... New TV, new bike shed, Mom will actually be able to hear me... I'll come home and be like, "Ano ba??"

Anyway, just one week left! Good thing, too; I'm quite ready to get out of here... It's been fun and all, but sitting in class 8+ hours a day makes one a bit crazy... :P

I'll be leaving next Monday at about 4:30 pm (MST). I'll catch a plane to LA, then from there to Taipei, Taiwan (so I'll get to tell everyone I've been to Taiwan :D ), then from there I'll hop another plane to Manila.  I'm looking forward to writing the journal entry for the day that I'll lose on the way over: "March 9th has been swallowed up in the gap between dimensions. Have a nice day. :D"

I'll be able to call home somewhere in that time frame at one of the airports, but I don't know when yet.  Hopefully not in the middle of the night, but as far as I know, it could be. :/ Hopefully not.  But be ready in case.

(**Cash shouldn't be much of a problem.  I'll pull $10 out this week to bring myself back up to $100 in emergency cash, but that should be all I need.**)

As far as clothes go, they're holding up fine for the most part.  I've only been using one pair of tracting pants because the rest of them don't match my suit, and a suit is required pretty much everyday unless you're getting it dry-cleaned. :P  I'll be able to start using the tracting pants next week, though.

When we leave, we're allowed to leave some things at the front desk to be picked up by someone else... If I could get Aunt Mira to pick up my winter jacket and sweater for me after I leave, I'd really appreciate it, cause I definitely won't need those in the Philippines.  They'll need to be picked up the same day I leave, or else there'll be a fee for it, I think.

By the way, maraming salamat kay Tita Mira at Tito Dan para sa inyong mga kukis. :D Masarap sila.(Many thanks to Tito Tita Mira and Dan for the cookies. They were good). Om nom nom. My district thanks you, too.

Also, I forgot to mention before: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!! :D

Anyway.. On another note, please don't send me any more cookies this week until after I arrive in the Philippines.  As it is, it's already going to be an adventure trying to figure out how to pack everything. Thanks.

Also, could I get Grandpa Wiley's address so I can send them a postcard once I get there? And Grandma Nancy's, too. Thanks.

Grandma Nancy,
Mom mentioned you wrote me at some point, but I never received it.  Sorry if you felt like I've been ignoring you; I just never got your letter. :/

Richelle,
Exodus 20:15. :P
How's band going?  How was Solo & Ensemble and stuff?  Also, how is your Digipen class going, especially with the laptop puking and stuff...? Again... :P I hope you're getting  it all figured out.

Brother & Sister Northrup,
Thanks for your letter. :D You win the "First Outside My Family to Actually Write Me" Award! Thanks a ton. :D  Say hi to Michael and Kevin for me and wish them luck.

Aaaanyway, that's about it.  I'll talk with you next week. Ingat!

Love,
--Elder David Jones


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers