Monday, January 25, 2010

Fw: Hey!

 
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 12:37 PM
Subject: Hey!

Mabuti talaga ang lahat na mga bagay dito. Kumusta ang mga bagay para sa iyo? :D

I'm glad to hear Richelle won that lacey loves to read contest (finally). :D Tell her congratulations for me. Also glad to hear that the legacy of Davy Jones lives on. ;P That's pretty funny. I'll bet everyone was super confused. "Wait, didn't you leave...?" Hahaha. By the way, what did Mr. J think of the Minor Fight Song? Have you guys played it yet? :D

...Sure. Fix the drumset AFTER I leave. ;P At least I have something to look forward to when I get back. Maybe. Is Richelle practicing it more now that it doesn't sound like poop?

Anyway. Sorry about the overdraft stuff before.. I was afraid of that. The health center charge was for a flu shot. I'm all immunized now. :P

And... yeah. I left my pajamas in that bag.. Oops. :P I've been using sweats for now, which has worked fine, but real pajamas might be nice. Also, somehow I think I forgot my copy of the mission resource library at home (Jesus the Christ, etc.)... Could you send those, too, if you can find them?

Other than that, things are going fine. The quality of the food at the MTC... um, well... depends on the day. Sometimes it's fine, but other days, like yesterday, we end up eating cereal for dinner, because dinner is less than edible... :P Oh well...

Gym isn't really a class. Really, it's just a time set aside for us to go use the sport or exercise equipment. I've taken to playing Four-Square (Apat-Square), which is actually pretty cool (though sometimes a bit frustrating. Somehow I've earned the nickname "Jonesy the Four-Square King," even though I'm not particularily amazing at it. Don't ask why... I don't know either. O.o

In other news, about a week ago, I finished writing an arrangement of the hymn "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" for solo baritone and piano, and on Thursday, I'm going to audition to sing it for a devotional. :D I'm pretty excited. Writing by hand is a pain, by the way. :P Haha it takes forever... I miss Finale... I also miss playing a lot. Mouthpiece buzzing just isn't the same. :/

The language is coming along pretty well. I'm a little worried about Elder Palmer.. He's struggling quite a bit to retain what we learn in class. I'm trying to help him as much as I can.

Anyway. Only about six weeks or so left of this, and then off to the Philippines. :D The Spirit's been very strong here, and I'm grateful for everyone's prayers. Ingat!

Love,
Elder David Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers