Monday, January 18, 2010

Fw: Hey!


Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 3:28 PM
Subject: Hey!


So, today, I managed to forget my email address, and had to go to the help desk to retrieve it. The guy gave me a funny look and said, "How'd you do that? That's like forgettin' your name!" :P

Anyway. Things are pretty good here. We're learning all kinds of fancy verb conjugations and stuff so far, and we're learning a lot about the gospel and how to teach it.  We've learned how to pray and how to bear testimony in Tagalog so far, among other things.

So, that Referral Center that those sister missionaries had talked about in Salt Lake? Yeah. I've decided I don't like it much. I don't know how I got talked into it. I've never liked talking to anyone on the phone, let alone complete strangers. D:

But anyway, everything else is going alright so far. I hope you can get the van fixed (though, that might already be resolved by now..)

Darcy, I would've written you a seperate e-mail, but I spent 15 out of the 30 minutes I have per p-day to write emails trying to remember my stupid username, so I don't have much time. :P I hope your Calculus II class gets better.. Some of it may take a leap of faith.  My teachers talked the other day about Peter, who, when he saw the Savior walking across the sea, leapt out of the boat and walked on the water to come to him. But, seeing the dangerous wind and waves, he lost his focus on the Savior and began to sink.  We need to remember to have faith in Christ to help us in all things--for me, it's learning Tagalog and how to teach; for you, it's this Calculus class. I hope things get better for you.

Anyway. I hope everything's going alright. I'm about out of time now.

Until next week,
Elder David Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers