Monday, January 11, 2010

Fw: Hiiii!!

 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 12:45 PM
Subject: Hiiii!!

Kumusta kayo! :D Things have been going pretty well at the MTC so far. It's tons of studying and preparing, along with much prayer and pondering, but it's a lot of fun. I'm extremely glad I studied the language a little before I came, because while I have some basic concepts of grammar and pronounciation down, almost everyone else in the district is starting on square one, which is someplace I definitely don't want to be. I've had many opportunities to help everyone else to understand what's being taught in class. Our teachers our great, and while I still have a long way to go, I'm feeling pretty good about things. I'm actually part of a triple companionship--a "threesome," as it's called; my companions are Elder Buzbee and Elder Palmer. They're pretty cool.

They don't let us listen to music at all in the mtc, which kind of sucks. :P So some of the more spiritual and emotional moments for me so far have been singing in the choir (which is huge! Much bigger than I'm used to), and attending the broadcast of "Music and the Spoken Word". Singing hymns within the district is... interesting. Almost everyone else is basically tone-deaf, which is great... ;P Singing hymns in Tagalog is hard, by the way. It's harder to sing out when you keep tripping over the words. :P

Anyway, I hope all is well back at home.  They said they sent you an automatic email on Wednesday with my mailing address, but in case they didn't:

Elder David Andrew Jones
MTC Mailbox #184
PHI-MAN 0308
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, Utah 84604-1793

The estimated departure date is March 8th. If you would, post the mailing address, or at least the MTC box # and return date, for me so my friends know how to contact me. You might also consider changing my profile pic to the missionary picture we took outside the MTC (Richelle can show you how to do that). Yesterday, during one of the talks, someone mentioned that some investigators might check missionaries' Facebook accounts to see if the person they're talking with is who they 'really are'. Most people in the Philippines probably won't have computers, but it might be a good precaution to change my profile pic to match what I'm doing now anyway.

Anyway, I hope everyone's doing well. See you in approximately two years. :)

Love,
Elder David Jones


 NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers