Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fw: Greetings

 
 
 
 
Herro!  :D

I can tell by your emails that you're all starting to get trunky.  ;)  Huwag!  I'm not allowed to get trunky yet, I still have 2 and a half months or so left!

...I got my official "trunky letter" (flight plans) the other day, too..  D:  I guess I get to chill in Taipei for 8 hours while I wait for the layover flight... :P  What's weird is I'll be leaving on Saturday, December 17th, travel for 20 hours or so, and then show up there on Saturday, December 17th.  @.@  It's gonna be weird...

I've been doing my best to keep my mind off it, though, and just keep truckin'.  I don't have a lot of time left here.

General Conference was pretty cool this last weekend.  We weren't able to get a lot of investigators to attend, because the Stake Center in Kabihasnan is REALLY FAR AWAY from Bicutan, but it was cool nonetheless.  I like stake events, cuz it means I get to see all my old friends in P-Que 2nd and P-Que 4th.  :D  It's weird... I know almost half the people in the stake now... o.o  Cuz I've been here since the dawn of time.  ;)  I really liked one of the talks in the priesthood session (I forget who gave it).  He said that the Lord knows every area you will be assigned to, every companion you will be assigned with, every person you will talk to and teach, and each member you will meet on your mission.  He has a specific plan for every missionary, certain people He wants that missionary to influence or be influenced by.  I've really realized how true that is.  I've learned a lot from every area, every companion, every investigator, every experience.  It's been a blast.  :D

We've been teaching a somewhat broken family, the Borinaga Family.  I'm pretty excited for them.  They've been taught on and off for a long time, for around 15 years or so, but things have just kept getting in the way before.  Sister Cynthia is a real troubled woman.  Her first husband, a foreigner, left her years ago, and her second husband, who's Japanese, lives in Japan at the moment, and they're trying to arrange their passport & visa stuff so they can live together (I'm not exactly sure how that one worked out.. Apparently, her husband doesn't speak a lick of English or Tagalog.  They communicate by sign language... o.O ).  Her oldest son, John Clane, who's seventeen, has been getting caught up lately with the wrong group of friends, and has been getting carried into smoking, drinking, and drugs.  Cynthia's a pretty.. eccentrically stressed woman.. But she believes that this is the true Church, and is grateful for the help that we've been able to offer in keeping their family together.  John Clane has expressed a desire to change, to keep himself away from sin, and to make his mom happy.  They've all agreed to be baptized on November 12th.

I'm glad to hear that the band is doing really well this year.  The show sounds REALLY cool.  :D  Congratulations, everyone, and keep up the good work!

...We have a new car??  o.o  Cool!  :D  Reminds me, I'll need to get my license renewed before I run off to college.  ^^''

Congratulations to Chris Hensley and Caleb Anderton on receiving their mission calls!  :D  Probably one of the greatest decisions you'll make in your lives.  Being a missionary is so cool.  :D

Congratulations also to Aaron and Kaleena for their marriage!  :D  Good luck!  Wish you a happy marriage!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSH!!!  :D  :D  :D

Hmm... You're probably right about the laptop.  I can probably wait till I get home.

I don't know if I wanna take the van to Idaho.. It's big and bulky... ;P  Either way, a road trip sounds like so much fun!  :D  'Specially since you have no idea how cool it will be to drive for miles out on an open highway with very little traffic.  Around here, you can sit in a jeep or a bus and ride for an hour and a half and hardly get anywhere because of all the traffic.  :P  The temple is probably about as far away from Paranaque as Tumwater is from Lacey, but it still takes at least 45 minutes to get there.

I'm looking forward to being home for Christmas.  :D  A lot of the members are kinda disappointed that I'll be going home before Christmas, but while I wouldn't mind spending Christmas with them... I think I'd like to see my family again.  ^^''

Anyway, next week is transfer week.  Transfer announcements will be kinda fun.. "Since almost everyone in the zone is training, and just got here / switched areas this last transfer, everyone will stay except like 2 people..."  I like that a little better than "Hi, everyone!  :D  Every area is getting shotgunned!  Have a nice day."

I love you all!  :D  Until next week, ingatz!

Love,
Elder David Jones

P.S.  I'm starting to think it'd be a bit easier if I just wait until I get home to show you the rest of the pictures... ;P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers