Monday, September 12, 2011

Fw: Greetings

 
 
 
 
Herro!  :D

Well, the start of this transfer has been fun so far. Elder Querubin finally got back from Ireland yesterday, so he's working on getting settled in with his anak and starting work in his new area.  Yesterday, President Stucki called Elder Laureano.  There was an issue in another area, so they emergency transferred Elder Laureano over to Makati, and transferred Elder Tatoy back here to Paranaque to work with Elder Morris in Bicutan Ward.  Which is funny in two ways, because first of all, they just decided to shotgun the only other area in the district besides mine that hadn't been shotgunned yet, and also, Elder Tatoy and Elder Morris were just companions last transfer.  So basically, Elder Tatoy took a four-day vacation in Makati, then came back to Paranaque to work with Elder Morris again.

Also, we just found out like 5 minutes ago that President Stucki thought I should focus more on training Elder Swainson, so apparently, he made Elder Querubin the district leader and stepped me down for now.  Works for me.  Makes it so I can focus more on my own area.

Elder Swainson's been sick the past couple of days, so we haven't been able to work much.  He did force himself to go to church yesterday, but that was about all we were able to do.  So we've been doing a lot of sitting at the apartment and resting.  Gave me some time to write some letters and update my journal, which had been gathering dust for some time now.  Now it's up to date!  Yay!  :D

The entire Dublan family came to church yesterday, including Tatay and all of the kids, for the first time in maybe eight years.  It made me really happy to see them all there.  Sister Vanessa Dublan's sister, Marisa, and her husband, Sam, have started coming to church lately, too.  One of our goals is to see that entire family return to full activity before the end of this transfer, which ends in mid-October.  Another goal is to have the Dublan family sealed in the temple for time and all eternity, hopefully sometime next year.

Hanz and Mona also passed in the papers to get a CeNoMar (Certificate of No Marriage), which they need for a marriage license.  Now we just wait.

So yeah.  That's been the goings-ons so far.  It's really exciting to see the progression of investigator families as they grow steadily closer to the Lord.  That's one reason I like staying in areas for a long time.  I honestly wouldn't mind staying in this area until the end of my mission.  I really like it here in P-Que 4th.

This Saturday, I have the privilege of witnessing a temple marriage.  Sister Jonah DeGuzman, one of my recent converts from Bonifacio 4th Ward, in Makati (actually, Makati East Stake now. It used to be in Makati Stake...), will be getting married to Brother Lue, one of the other members in the ward (he also used to be the ward mission leader back when I was in the area).  I'm pretty excited for it.  :D

It's slowly setting in on me just how close the end is... Only four months to go.  Before too long, I'll be freezing to death in Olympia!  Yay!  :D  It's weird to think about.  In some ways, it doesn't seem like I've been out for almost two years.  Feels like it wasn't that long ago that I stepped into the MTC...

But anyway, that's still a little ways off yet.  Still got 4 months!

That's about it for now.  Love you all!  Ingat kayo lagi!

Love,
Elder David Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers