Monday, September 20, 2010

Fw: I was wondering when all that rain I ordered would get there.. ;P



I hear you got the bucket of rain I sent you guys! :D

Actually, the rain you described sounds quite similar to the rain that's usually over here.  Very, very, very wet, but warm enough to be generally tolerable.  :/  Cold rain's the worst.  :P I'm glad we don't really get that over here.  It's weird.. sometimes the rain feels cold-ish over here, but then I realize that I'm still wearing short sleeves without much of a problem.  And though I always look forward to the day when I get to see you guys again, I'm not exactly looking forward to freezing to death when I get back to Washington... D:  Just a thought that hangs out in the back of my mind every once in a while:  "When I get back home, I'm going to spend most of my time freezing to death and trying not to speak Tagalog at everyone! :D It'll be fuuunn!!"

But that's a while yet... ^^'' 15 and a half months pa!


On Saturday we had the most stressful baptism I think I've ever had.  We don't have a ward mission leader yet in this ward, which makes coordination with the ward leaders extremely difficult, and it also means that we're in charge of setting everything up for the baptism (that's usually the ward mission leader's job).  And then almost everything that could've gone wrong.. went wrong. :D  When we showed up, about an hour before the baptism, the font was already full, but the water had been there for a long time, and was dirty, so we had to drain the font, clean it out a bit, and then fill it back up again, which took forever.  In the meantime, we went into the clerk's office and made up a program (OpenOffice is weird; all the buttons are in different places.. :P ), but then we couldn't figure out how to get the printer to work.  It took us forever to figure out how to even turn the dumb thing on (WHO HIDES THE ON SWITCH???), and then it wouldn't print, and I didn't know how to fix it.  So we went without programs.  :P  Then my camera ran out of batteries right before we went to take pictures.  Yaaaay... :P  The baptism ended up starting about an hour and a half late.  It was a headache.  Fortunately, the investigators were really patient.  The two who were baptized were Khylla and Cris Anne Santeco, 8 and 9.  Their situation was the same as Errol and Jannah Tenorio, who we baptized back in July in Boni 4th.  Their mom had gone inactive for a bit, but recently moved into this ward and decided to come back to church.  She then referred her two primary-aged kids to us and asked if we could teach them and baptize them.  ...Well, okay.  So we did.  They're a pretty fun family, especially Sis. Santeco's son, Ian, who's four.  He's pretty entertaining.

So, that's pretty much what's been up this week.  This area is pretty fruitful as far as member work goes.  We received 4 or 5 last Sunday, and we're still working on trying to contact them.


80 pages?!  O.O  That's insane!! It's too bad that you had to pull out of the first competition this year, but it's no wonder, if you have 80 pages to work through.  That's a long show.  But I have faith in you guys.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :D

...In other news, it blows my mind that Mr. J. finally surrendered and got a synthesizer...  o.o  I never thought I'd see the day...

Yay, Mom!! :D You did it!!  See, giving talks in sacrament meeting isn't THAT hard... ^^''

Say congratulations to Alisha for me.  :D

And let me know when you see the 600-year old man building a big boat, saying, "MAGSISI KAYO!! MAGSISI KAYO!!  MAGSISI KAYO O MAWAWASAK KAYO!!!" (Repent, Repent, Repent or be Destroyed), etc., etc... ;P

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, I'm runnin' out of time again.  Until next week, ingat! :D

Nakatatandang David Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment