Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fw: Greetings

 
 
 
 
Herro!  :D
 
Well, classes look perty gud so far.  Bro. Klein did tell me to make sure to reserve 11:30 to 2:00 open every day for ensembles, and I noticed that the symphony class is only Tuesday and Thursday, and the chamber brass class is only on Fridays.  I'm not sure, but it sounds like he might have actually wanted us to just leave 11:30 to 2:00 open everyday so that way regardless of what ensembles I end up in, he can place me in those classes after auditions.  You may want to email him to double-check...  :/
 
Anyway, things have been going fine.  I went to the going-home activities the past couple of days.  It was fun.  We attended an employment resource center workshop, went to the temple, had a few devotionals, and ate pizza and doughnuts.  :D  Not necessarily in that order.  ^^''  President Stucki officiated in our temple session.  It was all a really spiritual experience.
 
I was wondering how exactly they were going to work out the transfers, since I'll be going home mid-transfer.  I was pretty much expecting that Elder Ranoco and I would just stay until I went home, and then he would get a new companion somewhere along the way.  But the way it worked out was Elder Ranoco transferred to Manila Zone, and Elder McGowan will be coming to Bicutan to "shotgun train".  He'll train a new missionary here, and I'll act as a tour guide, showing them where all the members and investigators live until I go home.  Not exactly what i expected, but it works.  ...I never actually got to finish the 12-week training program with either of my trainees... >.>  One went home, and the other one transferred out 3 weeks before it was finished...
 
Oh well.  It'll be fun anyway.  I already knew Elder McGowan from back when we were in Cavite.  He's pretty cool.  We'll get his trainee tomorrow.  It'll be my third time going to the mission home to pick up a trainee.  And my second time going to the mission home this week.
 
So, yeah.  That's my fate for the last two weeks of the mission.  I'll play the role of tour guide until I slowly fade into obscurity and then disappear.  It'll be fun.  :D
 
Anyway, that's about it for this week.  Until next week, ingatz!
 
Love,
Elder David Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers